ABM (NYSE:ABM), a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, today released its Corporate Sustainability Report for 2011, becoming one of the first facility services companies in the U.S. to provide detailed information on its sustainability practices in consecutive years. The comprehensive report is based on the disclosure guidelines provided by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the world’s most widely used framework for sustainability reporting, and serving as the Communication on Progress (COP) and continued support of the UN Global Compact.
The report, covering fiscal year 2011, details ABM’s commitments and practices with regard to its corporate social responsibilities, both inside the Company and at the level of the products and services that ABM’s subsidiaries provide to clients. ABM’s participation in the GRI reporting standard reflects the Company’s continued and ongoing commitment to driving the sustainable development of the economy, society and the environment. The report can be found on our website here and readers may provide comments, questions or concerns at email@example.com.
“As a responsible corporate citizen, ABM is fully committed to conducting all of our business activities in a manner so as to ensure a sustainable future for our employees, stakeholders and the community at large,” said Henrik Slipsager, president and chief executive officer, ABM. “I am proud to work alongside nearly 100,000 colleagues that continue to find new and innovative ways each day to drive sustainability across multiple markets for a highly diverse set of clients.”
The ABM Corporate Sustainability Report for 2011ABM’s 2011 report outlines each aspect of sustainability within the Company’s diverse service offerings. ABM submitted the report for third party assessment to The Centre for Sustainability and Excellence (CSE), and subsequently disclosed additional GRI indicators as compared to 2010. CSE’s evaluation can be found in the last few pages of the report. Notable highlights in this year’s report include:
- ABM’s Green Care™ Program surpassed 310 million square feet of building space serviced in 2011. The program, which began in 2006, was servicing 271 LEED Certified buildings as of October 31, 2011.
- The acquisition of The Linc Group early in the fiscal 2011 year significantly expanded ABM’s client offerings and its sustainable capabilities in its facility solutions and energy segments. Through ABM Facility Solutions and ABM Energy Services, ABM provides expertise for clients and business partners to help optimize energy efficiency for different property types across multiple disciplines.
- Further emphasizing a commitment to providing dependable, advanced energy-related services, ABM began installing and maintaining electric vehicle charging stations throughout the United States.
- How ABM is managing its risks in relation to corporate social responsibilities, including risks/opportunities for ABM due to potential climate change regulation.
- ABM’s community support of the International and American Red Cross, along with the Company’s support of both local community high schools and institutions of higher education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV