TVIX LAWSUIT DEADLINE: Gilman Law LLP Reminds Investors With Losses In Excess Of $400,000 In TVIX Exchange Traded Notes Of The Upcoming Deadline Of July 24, 2012 To Seek A Lead Plaintiff Position
Shareholder Rights Law Firm Gilman Law LLP announces that a class action lawsuit has been commenced against Credit Suisse on Behalf of Investors in TVIX Exchange Traded Notes (TVIX ETN) ( NYSE:ARCA: TVIX). Investors who purchased or otherwise acquired shares in TVIX between November 30, 2010 through and including March 22, 2012 (Class Period), may have a claim to recover their losses in TVIX. The TVIX ETNs were sold to investors during the Class Period by Credit Suisse AG and its affiliate Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC.
Specifically, the complaint alleges that on February 21, 2012, Credit Suisse announced that it temporarily suspended further issuances of the TVIX ETNs due to “internal limits” reached on the size of the ETNs. As a result of the suspension, shares of TVIX subsequently traded at prices uncorrelated to the S&P VIX Short-term Futures index (the index that the ETN was purportedly designed to track through the use of VIX futures). This “disconnect” lasted for approximately one month.
On March 22, 2012, shares of TVIX declined in price by over 29% as rumors leaked into the market that Credit Suisse was considering whether to recommence issuance of the ETNs. On March 23, 2012, after Credit Suisse announced that it would reopen issuance of TVIX shares on a limited basis, shares of TVIX declined further by almost 30%.
If you suffered a loss of $400,000 or more in TVIX, you have until July 24, 2012 to request that the Court appoint you as a lead plaintiff. To obtain additional information, contact our Securities Fraud Attorneys for a Free Consultation:
- Toll Free: (888) 252-0048
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: Credit Suisse TVIX Lawsuit Claims Form
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV