POZEN Inc. (NASDAQ: POZN), a pharmaceutical company committed to transforming medicine that transforms lives, today announced that it has received an Advice/Information Request letter from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) which indicates that the FDA has made a preliminary review of the study results and POZEN’s summary analyses of a Phase 1 study (115 Study) to assess the bioequivalence of PA32540 to enteric-coated (EC) aspirin 325 mg using acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) as the analyte. Based on its preliminary assessment, the FDA does not agree that bioequivalence of PA32540 to EC aspirin 325 mg was demonstrated based on the information available to the FDA at this time. The FDA indicated that the reference-scaled bioequivalence approach used in the 115 Study was justifiable for PA32540 in establishing bioequivalence with EC aspirin 325 mg with ASA as the analyte. In addition, FDA also advised POZEN that, as a general comment, for the development of a combination product with 81 mg aspirin, an in vivo bioequivalence study will be necessary unless a biowaiver can be further justified . POZEN has a planned follow-up call with the FDA in the next few weeks to determine next steps in satisfying the bioequivalence requirements and any impact on the New Drug Application (NDA) filing timeline.
POZEN Inc. is a progressive pharmaceutical company that is transforming how the healthcare industry addresses unmet medical needs. By utilizing a unique in-source model and focusing on integrated therapies, POZEN has successfully developed and obtained FDA approval of two self-invented products in two years. Funded by these milestone/royalty streams, POZEN is now creating a portfolio of cost-effective, evidence based integrated aspirin therapies designed to enable the full power of aspirin by reducing its GI damage.
POZEN is currently seeking strategic partners to help maximize the opportunity for its portfolio assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV