DEERFIELD, Ill., June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, EFFEN ® Vodka unveiled a one-of-a-kind gown created by top American fashion designer, Richard Chai, as part of its yearlong collaboration with the designer. Inspired by EFFEN ® Vodka's sleek, handcrafted bottle -- designed by bartenders, for bartenders -- the piece was unveiled during an exclusive media event at the Dream Hotel's Electric Room in New York City.
Chai used the sleek, handcrafted elements of the super-premium EFFEN ® Vodka bottle -- including its unique, hand-affixed, latex sleeve -- as his inspiration for the piece, which mixes the soft fluidity of chiffon with satin and structured silk taffeta to bring elements of the bottle to life.
"I found the sleek design of the EFFEN ® Vodka bottle to be quite inspiring," said Richard Chai. "The bottle's modern colors and the brand's commitment to handcrafted detailing seen through the bottle's sleeve, enabled me to easily conceptualize and create a beautiful gown that embodies the heart of the EFFEN brand while remaining true to my own aesthetic."
Also unveiled at last night's private fashion event were accessories designed to complement Chai's gown. Exclusively designed by Flutter by Jill Golden, a high-end jewelry designer, the accessories were also inspired by EFFEN's functional, yet modern design. Golden's hand woven beaded cuff and long, crystal and suede earrings enhance the level of glamour and grace of the gown. To complete the look, Chai also created a clutch made of hand-pleated stain demonstrating the clean lines of the EFFEN ® Vodka bottle design.Following last night's event the full one-of-a-kind look will hit the red carpet at an upcoming event and later this year will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting DIFFA: Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV