Idenix pharmaceuticals (IDIX) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of drugs for the treatment of human viral diseases with operations in the U.S. and Europe. This stock is trading up 16.2% at $10.89 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.8 millionAverage Volume: 1.5 million Volume % Change: 565% Shares of IDIX are skyrocketing higher today after the company reported positive mid-stage trial date for its hepatitis C drug, suggesting it was closer to competing with larger drugmakers. Data from the trial showed that nearly all patients who responded to Idenix's experimental treatment were able to sustain their defense against the virus. >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential From a technical perspective, IDIX is gapping up huge here with monster volume. This move has pushed IDIX into breakout territory since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $10.40 to $10.43. Traders should look for long-biased trades if this breakout holds, and if IDIX can trigger its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once IDIX takes out some more overhead resistance at $11.92 to $12.68 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1.5 million shares. If we get that action soon, then IDIX could easily re-test and possibly take out its 2012 high of $15.25. On the flipside, I would avoid long-biased trades if IDIX fails to hold that breakout above $10.40 to $10.43.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV