Check Point Software Technologies
Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP) develops technologies to communications and transactions over the Internet by enterprises and consumers. This stock is trading up 4% at $50.61 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.4 millionAverage Volume: 2.1 million Volume % Change: 106% >>5 Tech Stocks to Watch if QE3 Happens From a technical perspective, CHKP is bouncing perfectly off of some longer-term support here at around $48 with heavy volume. This stock has plunged in the last two months from a high of $65 to a recent low of $48.06. During that sharp move lower, shares of CHKP have consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, CHKP might be setting up to form a double bottom if it can manage to hold around $48.06 to $47.79. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as CHKP can sustain a trend above those levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 2.1 million shares as bullish. Keep in mind that if CHKP can manage to take out $54.15 to $55.12, then it will break the pattern of higher lows and print a higher high.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV