Tesla Motors (TSLA) designs, develops, manufactures and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. This stock is trading up 5.6% at $33.90 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.1 millionAverage Volume: 1.2 million Volume % Change: 271% Shares of TSLA are moving notably higher today after an analyst at Goldman Sachs lifted the price target on the stock to $50, citing positive catalysts including the highly-anticipated launch of the Model S sedan. >>5 Stocks Setting Up to Break Out From a technical perspective, TSLA is gapping up strong here with above average volume. This move is coming after TSLA broke back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages just a few trading sessions ago. Now shares of TSLA are approaching a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once TSLA takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $34.68 to $35.49 with high volume. That $35.49 level is the gap-down day high for the stock form back in April. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if TSLA can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1.2 million shares. If we get that action soon, then TSLA could possibly re-test and take out its all-time high of $39.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV