SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ONXX) announced that NASDAQ has halted trading of the company's common stock. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee (ODAC) is meeting this afternoon to discuss the company's New Drug Application (NDA) for Kyprolis™ (proposed brand name for carfilzomib) under the accelerated approval pathway.
The NDA for Kyprolis for the treatment of patients with relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma who have received at least two prior therapies that included a proteasome inhibitor and an immunomodulatory agent is currently being reviewed by the U.S. FDA, and the anticipated date for completion of review under the PDUFA guidelines is July 27, 2012.
Conference Call TodayThe Onyx management team will host a webcast and conference call to discuss the ODAC recommendation today at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time ( 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time).
To access a live audio webcast of the conference call, log onto the company's website at: http://www.onyx.com/investors/event-calendar.To access the live conference call, dial (847) 585-4405 and use the passcode 32594605. A replay of the call will be available on the Onyx website or by dialing (630) 652-3042 and using the passcode 3259 4605# approximately two hours after the conference call concludes through July 4, 2012. About Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Based in South San Francisco, California, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a global biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for improving the lives of people with cancer. The company is focused on developing novel medicines that target key molecular pathways. For more information about Onyx, visit the company's website at www.onyx.com. SOURCE Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV