Stalter: Small-Cap Standouts
Another small-cap that popped up on my scans on Tuesday is Tangoe (TNGO), which makes software that helps business customers manage their telecom systems and other data. I was in this stock a few months ago, exiting with small gains. This has historically been a difficult stock to hold, as it tends toward large intraweek price swings.
While many stocks can be bought successfully after they clear previous price highs, Tangoe's history shows it should be entered at a lower price point. As it is currently holding above short- and medium-term moving averages, I consider this stock to be in buy range. Of course, if the young market uptrend fizzles in the next few sessions, that could pull the stock quickly out of range. As always, investors need to set stops at a comfortable level, using either a percentage decline or a moving-average to keep losses small.
Though I never buy a stock based solely on fundamentals, one factor I screen for is strong estimates. Analysts see Tangoe's earnings growing by 50% this year, to $0.42 a share. Next year, they are seen rising by another 33%, to $0.56 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV