TORONTO, June 20, 2012 /CNW/ - Strata Minerals Inc. (TSX-V: SMP) ("Strata" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has entered into a native title heritage agreement with the Yamatji Marlpa Aboriginal Corporation ("YMAC"). This agreement, part of the consultative process under Australian native title legislation, enables the Western Australian Department of Mines and Petroleum to grant the two exploration tenements applicable to the Phase 1 field work on the Company's 80% owned Cardabia Phosphate Project located near Exmouth in Western Australia (the "Cardabia Project").
Further to the agreement, the Company and YMAC, the designated representative for the Gnulli aboriginal community local to the land surrounding the Cardabia Project, will now conduct a joint site survey of the property to identify aboriginal areas of significance that are to be avoided during the Phase 1 field work. In parallel to this final phase of the aboriginal approval process, the Company is submitting its Permit of Work to the Department of Mines and Petroleum for approval. The Company is working to secure the earliest possible date for the site survey, so as to expedite receipt of final approvals.
South Boulder Mines Ltd. maintains a 20% interest in the Cardabia Project and executed the heritage agreement on behalf of the joint venture.
Peter Kozicz, President & CEO of Strata, stated, "We are pleased to reach this milestone, clearing the path for work to begin in earnest on the Cardabia Project. During this permitting period our team in Australia continues to analyze the historical exploration data available on the Cardabia Project. This effort has assisted our preparation for the Phase I field work on the property, increased our understanding of the geology and aided in the selection of our drill hole targets.""Peter Kozicz" President, CEO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV