How baffling, when you consider that, as predicted, CEO Mel Karmazin executed two separate sales of his options that total 7.6 million shares, at an average price of $1.83, as the graphic above shows.
As we've come to know, Karmazin's sales are preplanned and continue intentions to sell 60 million worth of options, said to be part of a strategy for his financial planning in connection with his philanthropic efforts. Once he's finished with these transactions, he will still own approximately 70 million shares, as well as options of the company.
Mel Karmazin, CEO of Sirius XM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV