NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hatteras Financial Corporation (NYSE:HTS) hit a new 52-week high Wednesday as it is currently trading at $29.51, above its previous 52-week high of $29.50 with 120,102 shares traded as of 9:50 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 1.4 million shares over the past 30 days. Hatteras Financial has a market cap of $2.85 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Hatteras Financial Corp. operates as an externally-managed mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT). The company has a P/E ratio of 7.5, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about HTS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV