BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Professional investors are mad (or scared) right now. And they've got a handful of stocks to blame for their troubles.
It hasn't been a good time to be a pro investor lately -- just rewind back to 2011, when hedge funds (and other pro portfolios) posted their second worst year ever. The managers who took risk off the table at the end of the year missed the rally at the start of 2012, and the ones who put it back on late got hammered when Mr. Market corrected.
But of all the stocks out there, these institutional investors are focusing their hatred on just four. Yes, the pros hate these four stocks right now, but that doesn't mean you should. Today, we'll take a closer look at each of them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV