BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Professional investors are mad (or scared) right now. And they've got a handful of stocks to blame for their troubles.
It hasn't been a good time to be a pro investor lately -- just rewind back to 2011, when hedge funds (and other pro portfolios) posted their second worst year ever. The managers who took risk off the table at the end of the year missed the rally at the start of 2012, and the ones who put it back on late got hammered when Mr. Market corrected.
But of all the stocks out there, these institutional investors are focusing their hatred on just four. Yes, the pros hate these four stocks right now, but that doesn't mean you should. Today, we'll take a closer look at each of them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV