NEW YORK, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP) ("BGC Partners," "the Company," or "BGC") a leading global brokerage company primarily servicing the wholesale financial and property markets, today announced its intention to commence a public offering, subject to market conditions and other factors, of Senior Notes ("Notes") due June, 2042.
The Company intends to use the proceeds of this offering to repay short-term borrowings under its unsecured revolving credit facility, and for general corporate purposes.
The Notes are expected to be redeemable, in whole or in part, at any time on or after June, 2017, at a redemption price equal to 100 percent of the principal amount redeemed plus accrued and unpaid interest to, but excluding, the redemption date.The Notes are a new issue of securities. BGC has applied to list the Notes on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "BGCA." If the application is approved, the Company expects trading in the notes on the New York Stock Exchange to begin within 30 days after the Notes are first issued. The Notes will be BGC's senior unsecured obligations and will rank equally with all of the Company's other senior unsecured indebtedness. The Notes will be effectively subordinated to BGC's secured indebtedness and to all liabilities of the Company's subsidiaries. BGC does not have any material assets other than its direct and indirect ownership in the equity of its operating subsidiaries. This press release does not constitute an offer for sale of any securities. The Notes may be offered only by means of a Prospectus Supplement and accompanying base Prospectus. Wells Fargo Securities, LLC is acting as sole book-running manager for the offering. Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. is acting as a co-manager.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV