VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Teryl Resources Corp. (TSX Venture Exchange: TRC.V), (OTCBB: TRYLF) is pleased to announce that gold exploration work programs are to commence this month on the Company's Westridge Claims, located in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Metallogeny, Inc. of Fairbanks, Alaska has been contracted by Teryl to conduct this mineral exploration work for the Company
The proposed initial work programs will include:
- Locating and surveying historic drill holes on the ground within the claim block.
- A reconnaissance drilling program via a small diameter winkie drill rig.
- Preparing the project for subsequent advanced exploration drilling, including fixing the access road and locating useable water sources.
- Conducting a general reconnaissance of the placer potential on Moose Creek.
- Securing a NQ diamond drill or a reverse circulation drill to test for lode gold potential.
- A total of 760 metres (2,500 feet) of drilling is planned for this season.
Dave Adams, a CPG geologist who has previously worked on the property, will participate in the initial exploration phase. He will be working in conjunction with geologist Tara Hutchison to locate the proposed drill sites on the property.Paul D. Gray, P.Geo., is a qualified person as defined in NI 43-101 and also qualified under the rules stated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), and has verified the data contained in this news release for accuracy. ABOUT THE WESTRIDGE PROPERTY The Westridge Property is a road accessible gold prospect located in the Fairbanks Mining District of Alaska. Creeks in the area such as Dome, Fox, Steamboat, and Flume creeks have been mined extensively for placer gold in the past. Limited past gold exploration in the 1990's through 2003 indicate shear and intrusive hosted gold mineralization at the Old Glory Prospect, Black Dome Prospect, East Anomaly, West Anomaly and the Moose Creek Anomaly within the Westridge Property. The True North Mine of Fairbanks Gold Mining Incorporated ("FGMI"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Kinross Gold Corporation via a 100% ownership of the True North Venture, is located approximately 3.5 kilometres (two miles) to the northeast of the Westridge Property. ABOUT TERYL RESOURCES Teryl Resources Corp. symbol TRC.V TSX Venture – has several gold prospects in Alaska near the Kinross Fort Knox Mine, a 100% interest in the Westridge property (located near the Fort Knox mine); a 50% option on the Fish Creek property, adjacent to the Gil property. Teryl sold its 20% interest in the Gil property Fairbanks, Alaska, to date $2.5 million dollars has been received of the $15 million from the 1% NSR of the property, thereafter Teryl retains a 1/2 of 1% royalty for the life of the mine; a 10% net profit interest in the Stepovich claims, near the Fort Knox deposit; and a 40% interest in a silver property located in Northern B.C. adjacent to Silvercorp's silver lead zinc discovery, including a 10% NPI. Teryl has a small revenue interest in three producing oil and gas wells in Texas with Anadarko Petroleum as the operator. See www.terylresources.com website for more detailed information. ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV