W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced that Andrew M. Tuma has been named president of Berkley Surety Group, LLC. The appointment is effective immediately.
Mr. Tuma, who joined Berkley Surety in 2007, has over 25 years of experience in the property casualty insurance industry. He served most recently as the Company’s executive vice president and chief operating officer. Mr. Tuma graduated with a B.A.S. from Salve Regina University in Newport, R.I. and has an M.B.A. from American International College in Springfield, M.A. In addition, he holds the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding and Associate in Management professional designations.
William R. Berkley, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, said: “Andy has a wealth of experience in the surety market and we are enthusiastic about his continued contributions to the Company. Berkley Surety is a leading provider of surety coverages in the U.S., and this appointment highlights W. R. Berkley Corporation’s ongoing long-term commitment to being a significant force in the surety marketplace.”
Berkley Surety Group, based in Morristown, N.J., is a service-oriented and highly professional surety underwriting management facility, providing a full spectrum of contract and commercial surety products through several distribution channels, including brokers, multi-line insurance agents and professional surety producers.For further information about the products and services available from Berkley Surety Group, please visit www.berkleysurety.com . Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates in five segments of the property casualty insurance business: specialty insurance, regional property casualty insurance, alternative markets, reinsurance and international.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV