Global supply chain optimization provider Manhattan Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: MANH), together with partner Vocollect, a business unit of Intermec, Inc. (NYSE:IN) and the world leader in voice-enabled solutions for mobile workers, today announced that Nature’s Best, the nation’s largest privately-owned wholesaler-distributor of natural and organic products, has gained significant payback including a 60 percent accuracy boost from its deployment of Manhattan Associates’ Warehouse Management solution (WMS) integrated with Vocollect Voice, helping the company to maintain a strong competitive edge amid rapid growth.
Founded in 1969, Brea, Calif.-headquartered Nature’s Best is an award-winning natural and organic grocery distributor of refrigerated, bulk, supplements, personal care, herbs, medicinal, pet, and many other products. Its two distribution centers (DCs) based in Chino, Calif. and Flower Mound, Texas, use Vocollect Voice and Manhattan Associates’ WMS for picking cases and eaches in three temperature zones.
Nature’s Best experienced dramatic growth and geographic expansion over the past several years, driving the need to optimally integrate its people, systems and processes. Its label-driven selection processes made achieving perfect orders an expensive endeavor. Says Brian McCarthy, senior vice president of operations at Nature’s Best, “While Nature’s Best has almost doubled in size over the past several years, Vocollect Voice has helped us to design and execute a safe, accurate and productive supply chain – the original driver of our deployment decision. And this investment continues to produce a payback for us.”
Deployment results include:
- 30 percent productivity improvement in each pick
- 60 percent perfect order improvement within 12 months, achieving planned results
- Significant annual cost savings in credits, labor and rework from accuracy improvements
- Savings of over 1,400 annual man-hours; thousands of dollars saved annually from asset reductions and maintenance (through use of the Vocollect Vehicle Mount Talkman application for order fulfillment)
- Reduced and easier training time for both native and non-native English speakers
- Improved worker safety through hands-free/eyes-free feature of voice