, a division of
, Inc. (NYSE: CKP), today announced here at National Retail Federation’s annual Loss Prevention Conference and EXPO the launch of two new security solutions for wine and spirits.
These solutions, the1 alarm
Omni Guardé Bottle Cap
Adjustable Bottle Collar
, are the latest products to join Alpha’s extensive and innovative bottle protection portfolio.
According to the 2011
Global Retail Theft Barometer
, the alcohol/liquors category is one of grocery’s highest risk product lines, with an average shrink rate of 2.47% globally (vs. the average global rate for all retail items of 1.45%).
1 alarm Omni Guarde
Alpha’s new 1 alarm Omni Guardé is a one-size-fits-all solution that combines a high level of security with the ultimate ease of use for the protection of wine and spirits. It offers a one-handed application and removal and is available in both AM and RF technologies. Additional features include:
Adjustable Bottle Collar
- Patented Alpha S3 security that can only be removed with the retailer’s key.
- Clear cap design provides premium aesthetics and allows for easy readability of the bottle label and tax information.
- Apparent benefit denial provides a strong visual deterrent.
- Single cap solution fits more than 90% of bottles on the market.
- Variable clasp design provides a secure grip on a wide array of bottle neck diameters.
Alpha’s Adjustable Bottle Collar encourages open display with merchandise safely accessible to customers. It offers a strong visual deterrent with pain points under the collar to discourage prying. When attached around the bottle cap, it also offers benefit denial to prospective thieves. Like the 1 alarm Omni Guardé, it offers a one-handed application and removal feature and is available in both AM or RF technologies. Additional features include:
- Rubber lining helps secure the collar as well as protect bottle foil and labels.
- Patented Alpha S3 security can only be removed with the retailer’s key.
- Secure, easy to use and maximizes display opportunities.
- Adjustable to accommodate a wide array of bottle neck sizes.
- Robust key locators make removing the product intuitive
“Alpha has a long, innovative history of protecting wine and spirit merchandise, including developing the first commercially successful security cap for wine and spirits and the first aesthetically pleasing solution that doesn’t detract from merchandise presentation,” said Larry Yeager, Alpha’s vice president and general manager. “These two new offerings build upon our longstanding know-how to offer retailers the benefits of open display and on-shelf availability, so that consumers have a positive retail experience and retailers increase sales.”