- Two (or more) for the road: Approximately 59% of people make at least two or more stops for food or drinks during their summer road trip. Approximately one-third of people (31%) stop three times or more.
- Suffering from suitcase stress: Exactly half of people (50%) claim to have either a little or a lot of stress over packing for a trip.
- Spontaneous consumption: Nearly three-quarters of people (74%) claim they make their food and drink stops spontaneously as needed. Only 15% of people plan their food and drink stops at the start of their summer road trip.
- More than one-third (36%) of people use a GPS or other travel technology to identify food and drink stops during summer road trips.
- Food fight: Do you argue over where and when to stop for food or drinks? Twenty percent of people claim they sometimes or always argue with their road trip mates.
- Which member of the family usually needs to make the most food or drink stops during a summer road trip? Thirty-nine percent say it's themselves, while 24% claim it's the kids and another 15% say it's their spouse or significant other.
Dunkin' Donuts Survey Looks At Keeping Cool For Summer Road Trips
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.