Capitol Federal Financial Inc. Stock Upgraded (CFFN)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The gross profit margin for CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.60% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 66.47% to $21.77 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.12%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC reported lower earnings of $0.23 versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.49 versus $0.23).
- Despite the weak revenue results, CFFN has outperformed against the industry average of 19.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts