Universal Insurance Holdings Inc. Stock Downgraded (UVE)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for UNIVERSAL INSURANCE HLDGS is rather high; currently it is at 56.50%. Regardless of UVE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UVE's net profit margin of 16.40% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 29.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $13.90 million to $9.87 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $95.27 million or 26.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts