Camden Property Trust (CPT): Today's Featured Real Estate Loser
Camden Property (CPT) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Camden Property fell 48 cents (-0.7%) to $67.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 749,833 shares of Camden Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 612,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.74-$67.87 after having opened the day at $67.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.58. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Income Opportunity Realty Investors (IOT), down 7.9%, American Realty Investors (ARL), down 5.9%, Vestin Realty Mortgage I (VRTA), down 5%, and HMG/Courtland Properties (HMG), down 3.8%. Camden Property Trust is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in the ownership, development, acquisition, management, and disposition of multifamily residential apartment communities. Camden Property has a market cap of $5.38 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 75.3, above the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 41.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Camden Property a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Camden Property as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Camden Property Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV