Waste Connections (WCN) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2%. By the end of trading, Waste Connections fell 59 cents (-2%) to $29.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Waste Connections exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 732,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.10-$30.04 after having opened the day at $29.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.97. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Cementos Pacasmayo SAA ADR (CPAC), down 4%, Real Goods Solar (RSOL), down 3.9%, Patrick Industries (PATK), down 3.6%, and Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), down 3.2%. Waste Connections, Inc., an integrated solid waste services company, provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services. Waste Connections has a market cap of $3.68 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.3, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Waste Connections a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Waste Connections as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Waste Connections Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WCN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV