Proassurance Corporation (PRA): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Proassurance Corporation (PRA) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Proassurance Corporation fell 48 cents (-0.6%) to $85.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 266,623 shares of Proassurance Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 139,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $85.66-$86.53 after having opened the day at $86.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.18. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Kingstone Companies (KINS), down 4%, National Security Group (NSEC), down 2.4%, American Independence Corporation (AMIC), down 2.3%, and First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), down 2.2%. ProAssurance Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides professional liability insurance products primarily to healthcare service, and legal service, and other professional service providers in the United States. Proassurance Corporation has a market cap of $2.66 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.3, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 9.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Proassurance Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Proassurance Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Proassurance Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV