WellCare Health Plans (WCG) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, WellCare Health Plans fell 52 cents (-1%) to $52.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 983,409 shares of WellCare Health Plans exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 880,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.95-$53.15 after having opened the day at $52.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.66. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Tengion (TNGN), down 15.8%, Sunshine Heart (SSH), down 9.9%, Oculus Innovative (OCLS), down 8.4%, and Biolase (BIOL), down 6%. WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services for government-sponsored health care programs in the United States. WellCare Health Plans has a market cap of $2.22 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.6, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate WellCare Health Plans a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates WellCare Health Plans as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full WellCare Health Plans Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WCG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV