Dendreon (DNDN) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Dendreon fell 32 cents (-4.3%) to $7.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Dendreon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.15-$7.49 after having opened the day at $7.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.52. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Palatin Technologies (PTN), down 16.5%, Tengion (TNGN), down 15.8%, CEL-SCI Corporation (CVM), down 15%, and Sunshine Heart (SSH), down 9.9%. Dendreon Corporation, a biotechnology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapeutics to enhance cancer treatment options for patients. Dendreon has a market cap of $1.19 billion and is part of the drugs industry. Shares are up 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Dendreon a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dendreon as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Dendreon Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DNDN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV