Dendreon (DNDN) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Dendreon fell 32 cents (-4.3%) to $7.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Dendreon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.15-$7.49 after having opened the day at $7.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.52. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Palatin Technologies (PTN), down 16.5%, Tengion (TNGN), down 15.8%, CEL-SCI Corporation (CVM), down 15%, and Sunshine Heart (SSH), down 9.9%. Dendreon Corporation, a biotechnology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapeutics to enhance cancer treatment options for patients. Dendreon has a market cap of $1.19 billion and is part of the drugs industry. Shares are up 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Dendreon a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dendreon as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Dendreon Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DNDN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV