CBL & Associates Properties Inc. (CBL): Today's Featured Financial Loser
CBL & Associates Properties (CBL) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, CBL & Associates Properties fell 27 cents (-1.4%) to $18.45 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of CBL & Associates Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.36-$18.92 after having opened the day at $18.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.72. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Princeton National Bancorp (PNBC), down 10.4%, Independent Bank Corp (Ionia MI (IBCP), down 9.1%, Credit Suisse (SCPR), down 8.6%, and Severn Bancorp (SVBI), down 8.5%. CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. is a public real estate investment trust. It engages in acquisition, development, and management of properties. The fund invests in the real estate markets of United States. Its portfolio consists of enclosed malls and open-air centers. CBL & Associates Properties has a market cap of $2.77 billion and is part of the real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.5, above the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 38.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate CBL & Associates Properties a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CBL & Associates Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full CBL & Associates Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV