Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (ETH): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Loser
Ethan Allen Interiors (ETH) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Ethan Allen Interiors fell 87 cents (-3.8%) to $22.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 552,557 shares of Ethan Allen Interiors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 396,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.17-$23.39 after having opened the day at $23.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.08. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Tianli Agritech (OINK), down 14.8%, Cybex International (CYBI), down 10.2%, Chromcraft Revington (CRC), down 7.9%, and Xerium Technologies (XRM), down 7.8%. Ethan Allen Interiors Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, sourcing, sale, and distribution of home furnishings and accessories. The company provides home decorating and design solutions through its home furnishing retail network. Ethan Allen Interiors has a market cap of $649.4 million and is part of the consumer durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Ethan Allen Interiors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ethan Allen Interiors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Ethan Allen Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV