Arctic Cat (ACAT) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.9%. By the end of trading, Arctic Cat fell 36 cents (-1.1%) to $33.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 313,512 shares of Arctic Cat exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 263,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.46-$34.47 after having opened the day at $34.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.06. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Orbital (OBT), down 3.7% and Williams Controls (WMCO), down 1.7%. Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) under the Arctic Cat brand name in the United States and internationally. It also offers related parts, garments, and accessories. Arctic Cat has a market cap of $450.9 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.1, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 51% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Arctic Cat a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Arctic Cat as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Arctic Cat Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ACAT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV