General Electric Co (GE): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
General Electric (GE) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2%. By the end of trading, General Electric rose 25 cents (1.3%) to $20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 42.3 million shares of General Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 47.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.85-$20.14 after having opened the day at $19.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.75. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: NF Energy Saving (NFEC), up 19.8%, Wowjoint Holdings (BWOW), up 10.3%, Exide Technologies (XIDE), up 8.8%, and A.M. Castle (CAS), up 8.6%. General Electric Company operates as a technology and financial services company worldwide. General Electric has a market cap of $211.91 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.3, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate General Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full General Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV