Brunswick Corporation (BC) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.4%. By the end of trading, Brunswick Corporation rose $1.13 (5.5%) to $21.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Brunswick Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.74-$22 after having opened the day at $20.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.52. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: House of Taylor Jewelry Incorporated (HOTJ), up 100%, Entertainment Gaming Asia (EGT), up 10%, Furniture Brands International (FBN), up 7.8%, and Industrie Natuzzi (NTZ), up 7%. Brunswick Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets recreation products worldwide. Brunswick Corporation has a market cap of $1.89 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.3, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Brunswick Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brunswick Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Brunswick Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV