SYDNEY, June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) –
- Wanganui District Council, the local government for an urban centre with rural surroundings and 43,000 residents on the North Island of New Zealand, is using CommVault® Simpana® 9 software to protect vital public records, provide employees with uninterrupted access to critical operational data and ensure compliance with New Zealand's Public Records Act.
- An IT team of 14 (including support staff) serves approximately 400 users across a heavily virtualised VMware environment with critical applications, including Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and SharePoint; an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) for data retention; Geographic Information System (GIS) for emergency services and civil defence; and property and rating software for managing property, land and address information.
- With Simpana software's modern data management capabilities, Wanganui District Council reports reductions in the time required to backup and recover 6 TB of data—what used to take days to restore now can be recovered in seconds. Moreover, the council relies on Simpana software's embedded deduplication to eliminate redundant data, which further decreases its backup window.
- Simpana Archive replaced a legacy CA ARCserve platform as Simpana better supported the wide-ranging data retention requirements placed on the council by national legislation and Simpana Enterprise Search better expedited both internal and external requests for public and operational data.
- According to Wanganui District Council, Simpana software is one of a handful of technologies considered vitally important to council operations. Wanganui is also supporting a Local Authorities Shared Services (LASS) government client services group. This body delivers a collaborative central archive domain and disaster recovery centre leveraging CommVault Simpana software, to several neighboring districts increasing overall IT spend efficiency in the region.
Tweet This: .@wanganuionline elects @CommVault's #Simpana software for data management & compliance with New Zealand's Public Records Act http://bit.ly/Nz6nH4Seamless Integration, Reliability and Scalability Voted Top Benefits of Simpana Software
- CommVault's flexible capacity licensing model enables Wanganui District Council to easily change scope, scale and protection methods for little additional cost or management overhead. Additionally, the CommVault capacity licensing model provides the council with an affordable entry point and seamless growth path to other Simpana software capabilities.
- As a result, the council will be adding functionality, including Simpana SnapProtect® to further expedite virtual machine restores and Edge Data Protection to safeguard data residing on remote desktops and laptops.
- With CommVault's integrated archiving and search capabilities, Wanganui District Council can also extend the reach of its digitisation project and EDRMS by enabling them to safeguard, search and retrieve files across all its data stores, encompassing SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and other important information.
- By incorporating CommVault in its overarching disaster recovery strategy Wanganui District Council can better support independent retention policies. Wanganui can efficiently make copies of backup data and move it to the offsite data centre by coupling Simpana software deduplication with DASH (Deduplication Accelerated Streaming Hash) replication.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV