Galena Biopharma (GALE) is a biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing therapies addressing unmet medical needs using RNAi-targeted and immunotherapy technologies. This stock is trading up 24% at $1.60 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.33-$1.6452-Week Range: $0.36-$3.54 Volume: 5.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3.3 million >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential From a technical perspective, GALE is bouncing big here right off its 50-day moving average of $1.38 with heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing GALE within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once GALE takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $1.60 to $1.63 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if GALE can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 3.3 million shares. If we get that action today or soon, then look for GALE to continue its uptrend towards its next significant overhead resistance levels at $1.88 to $2. Keep in mind that it's also possible for this stock to hit $2.45 if it takes out $1.88 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV