Ametek Reaches New 52-Week High (AME)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ametek (NYSE:AME) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it is currently trading at $52.79, above its previous 52-week high of $52.74 with 291,474 shares traded as of 2:05 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 765,500 shares over the past 30 days. Ametek has a market cap of $8.27 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. AMETEK, Inc. manufactures and sells electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. The company operates in two segments, Electronic Instruments Group and Electromechanical Group. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.7, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV