USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: USAT), (“USAT”), a leader of wireless, cashless payment and M2M telemetry solutions for small-ticket, self-serve retailing industries, today released new data collected from its 2012 Knowledge Base Study that highlights the business-building benefits of cashless payment adoption realized by USA Technologies’ ePort Connect® vending customers. Most notably, the study revealed an impressive 84% increase in average annualized cashless sales in terminals that had adopted the cashless option for longer than one year compared to terminals using the cashless option for less than a year.
USAT evaluated data over a two and one-half month period from approximately 57,000 ePort Connect® cashless vending terminals across 39 different channels or industry sectors and customer types. From the 57,000 connections studied, USAT compared a subset of 27,000 terminals where ePort Connect service had been live for greater than one year (the “Mature Subset”) to 30,000 terminals that were in early adoption stage or had been live for less than one year with a cashless option (the “New Installations” subset).
Major findings of the study include:
Mature Installations have a higher percentage of cashless sales than New Installations.
- Average annualized cashless sales per machine was $3,615 for the Mature Subset, a remarkable 84% higher than the $1,970 for New Installations.
- For all 57,000 terminals studied, average annualized cashless sales per machine of $2,736 was 39% higher than the $1,970 for New Installations only.
- The percentage of cashless to total sales was 24% for New Installations compared to 33% for the Mature Subset – a nearly 10 percentage-point difference.
- For all 57,000 terminals studied, 27% of the sales were cashless.
- The percent of cashless sales increased in direct proportion to an increase in the price of the average transaction.
- For the entire 57,000 terminals studied, annualized cashless sales as a percent of total sales was highest for $2.00 plus transactions--34%--compared to 21% for under $1.00 transactions.
- The largest differences in average annualized cashless sales between New Installations and the Mature Subset were in the healthcare, workplace and education channels.
- In the healthcare channel, average annual cashless sales for New Installations was $1,656 compared to $3,092 for the Mature Subset, or an 87% increase.
- The workplace channel followed a similar pattern, with $2,072 for New Installations compared to $3,871 for the Mature Subset, an increase of 87%; and
- In education, which tends to attract a younger population more accustomed to cashless options, New Installation average annualized cashless sales per machine came in slightly higher, at $2,245, compared to $3,877 for the Mature Subset, which is 73% higher than in New Installations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV