Spotify announced that it will be bringing its free mobile radio to iOS devices, expanding the company's user base beyond desktops.
Spotify already has apps for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, but has now added the radio feature, which will allow them to stream a wide variety of radio stations based on how they create the station.
"The new radio feature for iOS is seamlessly integrated into the Spotify service, creating an unmatched user experience of listening, discovering, saving and sharing music, from a catalog of more than 16 million songs," Spotify said in the press release.
Apple announced the new MacBook Pro at its Worldwide Developer Conference last week. iFixit has already broken one down, calling it an "engineering marvel." The tech blog disassembled the new laptop and found that the Retina display is essentially the entire display. Apple has scrapped is process of sandwiching an LCD panel between a back case and glass. Instead the case is the frame and the LCD is the glass. As a result, Apple upped the pixel ratio, without making the screen noticeably thicker.
Apple unveiled a new iPad ad on its YouTube channel yesterday, with the tagline "Whatever you do on iPad, do it all more beautifully than ever with the stunning Retina display." The narrator of the ad says, "Send a note, stay informed, catch a show, make your point, make a memory, make a masterpiece, read something, watch something and learn something. Do it all more beautifully with the Retina Display on iPad." Shares of Apple are higher in Tuesday trading, up 0.4% to $588.10. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV