- Expanded Array of Cross-Platform Services: Since adopting its four screen strategy, LodgeNet has deployed a number of market-driven services that can be accessed through the Envision ™ iTV platform as well as travelers' smartphones and tablets. Among these is an Interactive Program Guide (IPG), which enables guests to easily find and tune to TV programs in the room. "Channel lineups change from one hotel to the next, and a printed channel guide doesn't do it for guests anymore," says Paul Johnson, Vice President of Product Management for LodgeNet. "Guests have IPGs at home and they want the same convenience when they travel. So not only do we offer a variety of IPG solutions for the TV, we also have a mobile IPG app that guests can subscribe to for a nominal fee. Both of these options are available to hotels without purchasing additional in-room hardware." HITEC visitors can also see the company's numerous cross-platform applications including Dining, Guest Request, Compendium/Guest Info and Checkout – available in LodgeNet's 600,000+ mobile-enabled rooms as well as the Envision iTV platform – that further enhance the guest experience before, during and after the stay.
- Premium IPTV Platform: LodgeNet will also be unveiling IP Advanced, a high-end IPTV solution that offers guests virtually every feature of the "at-home" Internet-connected TV experience without requiring a dedicated PC in each room. The company plans to release more information about IP Advanced in a separate announcement during the show.
- Enhanced Third-Party Integration: LodgeNet has made significant strides in ensuring its platforms interface seamlessly with other hotel systems. The LodgeNet Integration Engine facilitates efficient and consistent communication with multiple third-party providers through the LodgeNet system to the multiple screens. "This is really about helping hoteliers improve their ROI by increasing the revenue potential of their rooms and driving down operational costs at the same time," explains Johnson. "When a hotel can tie the TV, mobile and broadband platforms into their PMS/POS systems, their guest services and marketing become more timely and personalized, which in turn can make those efforts more relevant and effective."
- Streamlined and Refocused Broadband Operations: HITEC will mark LodgeNet's first industry appearance since announcing the integration of its Media and Broadband sales teams last month. In conjunction with the company's broadband partner (DOCOMO), the re-organization is accompanied by a new corporate focus on expediting the rollout of best-in-class broadband service to current and prospective customers. "Our vision is to leverage the PowerPortal ™ and Integration Engine technologies used to support our iTV and mobile solutions across the broadband platform as well, allowing hoteliers to utilize the landing page on guests' laptops as the 'fourth screen' in their marketing and service efforts," says Johnson.
LodgeNet Putting "Four Screen" Future On Display At HITEC
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.