NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Southwest Gas Corporation (NYSE:SWX) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it is currently trading at $44.49, above its previous 52-week high of $44.43 with 15,767 shares traded as of 10:30 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 189,600 shares over the past 30 days. Southwest Gas has a market cap of $2.04 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Southwest Gas Corporation engages in the purchase, distribution, and transportation of natural gas in Arizona, Nevada, and California. As of February 28, 2012, it had 1,859,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about SWX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV