CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LendingTree, LLC, the nation's leading online source for competitive loan offers, has provided a list of the top five questions borrowers should ask their lenders when considering a mortgage. LendingTree surveyed its network of over 300 lenders in order to gain insight and advice from home loan professionals.
In honor of National Homeownership Month, LendingTree has reaffirmed its commitment to aid borrowers in the mortgage process by empowering consumers through valuable information, expert knowledge and advice. LendingTree asked over 300 lenders on the LendingTree Network, "In your professional opinion, what is the best questions all borrowers should ask their potential lender?". LendingTree has provided the top five answers:
Top Five Questions to Ask Your Lenders
- What are the total costs involved with the loan?
- What is the best program for me, based on my financial goals and situation?
- What documents will be required ahead of time to avoid delays?
- What are the service ratings for your company, and where can I find them?
- How long have you (the loan officer and the company) been in the mortgage business?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts