Risk is honoring the obligation of stewardship that requires prudence, discipline and strong discernment between opportunities and distractions disguised as "sure things," which never are.
Mere mortals can't handle risk, but responsible board leaders and company leaders have an obligation. True leaders must not treat other people's money as though it were their own. They must determine what is and isn't worth a gain or a loss. They must trust one another to gather good information, make timely decisions and be willing to know and accept the consequences of those decisions.
Is this the job of mere mortals?
It's the job of mortals with conscience, honor and integrity entrusted with responsibilities and compensated with astronomical status, power and benefits.Thankfully, more boards and CEOs are up to the task than not. Sadly, we seem to only hear about the gods who fall to earth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV