AACHEN, Germany and PANAMA CITY, June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Grünenthal Group today announced that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with Horizon Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: HZNP), a biopharmaceutical company, for the commercialization of DUEXIS ® in Latin America.
"We are excited about strengthening our existing product portfolio in Latin America with DUEXIS ®," said Jose Maria Mora, acting Executive Vice President, Grünenthal Latin America. "The agreement with Horizon Pharma is the first strategic step for the complete coverage of the Latin American market with our pain portfolio and shows that we are an attractive partner to other pharmaceutical companies. This is very important for the long-term success of the Grünenthal business in Latin America."
"As this is our first out-license of DUEXIS ® outside the U.S., we are especially pleased to partner in Latin America with Grünenthal, a worldwide leader in the promotion of pain products," said Timothy P. Walbert, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Horizon Pharma.The Grünenthal Group has a long tradition and strong position in many Latin American markets. Expanding the presence in Brazil and Mexico by targeted acquisitions of companies and/or product portfolios is a key priority for this strategic development. Calculated in Euros, Grünenthal increased revenues by 14 percent in Latin America in 2011. Based on local currencies, the revenue growth was even greater. Latin America contributed 16 percent of the revenues in 2011, but it is the company's strategic objective to raise the share considerably to up to approx. 40 percent of the commercial revenues in the coming years. About Grünenthal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV