BLUE BELL, Pa., June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced system, software and services enhancements for its flagship ClearPath server family that expand clients' options for computing power, mobility, openness and IT cost management.
The enhancements are:
- ClearPath Libra 460 system, the first model in the company's flagship line of enterprise servers to be based on the new Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 family;
- New releases of the ClearPath MCP and OS 2200 operating environments that enhance clients' mobility, security and data center management capabilities; and
- The ClearPath TCO Assessment Service, which enables clients to evaluate and address the total cost of ownership of their ClearPath computing environment.
"We continue to evolve our ClearPath server family to help our clients integrate new capabilities and trends such as mobility while providing the superior security, reliability and price-performance they've come to expect," said Bill Maclean, vice president, ClearPath portfolio management, Unisys. "Our latest ClearPath enhancements give clients greater power and flexibility to modernize their mission-critical applications, manage ClearPath resources from mobile devices, and maximize the cost-efficiency of their IT environment."New ClearPath Libra Model Advances Entry-Level Power and Efficiency The ClearPath Libra 460 server is the latest step in Unisys' ongoing migration of the ClearPath line to an Intel processor architecture. The new model is an entry-level system that delivers a 60 percent improvement in performance over the ClearPath Libra 300,(1) while supporting more than 65 percent more internal storage. The Libra 460 uses a high-performance Intel E5 processor to support growing client demands for both batch and on-line transaction processing. Using the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 family, the Libra 460 establishes a new standard of energy efficiency for clients of entry-level and mid-range Intel processor-based ClearPath systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV