BLUE BELL, Pa., June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced system, software and services enhancements for its flagship ClearPath server family that expand clients' options for computing power, mobility, openness and IT cost management.
The enhancements are:
- ClearPath Libra 460 system, the first model in the company's flagship line of enterprise servers to be based on the new Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 family;
- New releases of the ClearPath MCP and OS 2200 operating environments that enhance clients' mobility, security and data center management capabilities; and
- The ClearPath TCO Assessment Service, which enables clients to evaluate and address the total cost of ownership of their ClearPath computing environment.
"We continue to evolve our ClearPath server family to help our clients integrate new capabilities and trends such as mobility while providing the superior security, reliability and price-performance they've come to expect," said Bill Maclean, vice president, ClearPath portfolio management, Unisys. "Our latest ClearPath enhancements give clients greater power and flexibility to modernize their mission-critical applications, manage ClearPath resources from mobile devices, and maximize the cost-efficiency of their IT environment."New ClearPath Libra Model Advances Entry-Level Power and Efficiency The ClearPath Libra 460 server is the latest step in Unisys' ongoing migration of the ClearPath line to an Intel processor architecture. The new model is an entry-level system that delivers a 60 percent improvement in performance over the ClearPath Libra 300,(1) while supporting more than 65 percent more internal storage. The Libra 460 uses a high-performance Intel E5 processor to support growing client demands for both batch and on-line transaction processing. Using the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 family, the Libra 460 establishes a new standard of energy efficiency for clients of entry-level and mid-range Intel processor-based ClearPath systems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts