New Oriental Education & Technology Group I (EDU): Today's Featured Services Loser
New Oriental Education & Technology Group I (EDU) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, New Oriental Education & Technology Group I fell 93 cents (-3.3%) to $27.33 on light volume. Throughout the day, 688,847 shares of New Oriental Education & Technology Group I exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 951,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.13-$28.33 after having opened the day at $28.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.26. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: Body Central (BODY), down 48.6%, NTN Buzztime (NTN), down 11.8%, KIT Digital (KITD), down 11.5%, and Teamstaff (TSTF), down 11.4%. New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. provides private educational services primarily in China. New Oriental Education & Technology Group I has a market cap of $4.31 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.6, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 32.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate New Oriental Education & Technology Group I a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates New Oriental Education & Technology Group I as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full New Oriental Education & Technology Group I Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV