Kohl's (KSS) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Kohl's fell 83 cents (-1.9%) to $43.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Kohl's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.35-$44.20 after having opened the day at $44.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.54. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: Body Central (BODY), down 48.6%, DSW (DSW), down 11.3%, Stamps.com (STMP), down 4.1%, and Shoe Carnival (SCVL), down 3.7%. Kohl's Corporation operates department stores in the United States. Its stores offer private, exclusive, and national branded apparel, footwear, and accessories for women, men, and children; soft home products, such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle-income customers. Kohl's has a market cap of $10.51 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Kohl's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kohl's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Kohl's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KSS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV