McDermott International (MDR) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, McDermott International fell 18 cents (-1.7%) to $10.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of McDermott International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.30-$10.65 after having opened the day at $10.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.71. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Nobility Homes (NOBH), down 5.8%, Veolia Environnement (VE), down 4.2%, Deltic Timber Corporation (DEL), down 3.5%, and Perma-Fix Environmental Services (PESI), down 3.4%. McDermott International, Inc. operates as an engineering, procurement, construction, and installation (EPCI) company worldwide. It focuses on designing and executing complex offshore oil and gas projects. McDermott International has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.6, below the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 19 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate McDermott International a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates McDermott International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full McDermott International Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MDR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV