Infosys (INFY) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Infosys fell 48 cents (-1.1%) to $44.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Infosys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.95-$44.63 after having opened the day at $44.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45. Other company's within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: TigerLogic Corporation (TIGR), down 8.7%, IntraLinks Holdings (IL), down 7.2%, Wizzard Software Corporation (WZE), down 5.8%, and Cover-All Technologies (COVR), down 5.7%. Infosys Limited provides business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services worldwide. Infosys has a market cap of $25.47 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Infosys a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Infosys as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Infosys Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about INFY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV