Coinstar Inc. (CSTR): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Winner
Coinstar (CSTR) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Coinstar rose $1.95 (3.1%) to $64.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Coinstar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.69-$65.61 after having opened the day at $62.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.81. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Lentuo International (LAS), up 20.1%, Mecox Lane (MCOX), up 19.5%, Sport Chalet (SPCHB), up 13.6%, and Francescas Holdings (FRAN), up 4.8%. Coinstar, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides automated retail solutions primarily in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. Coinstar has a market cap of $1.97 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, below the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 13.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 37.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Coinstar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Coinstar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Coinstar Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV