Brookfield Asset Management (BAM) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Brookfield Asset Management rose 27 cents (0.8%) to $32.06 on light volume. Throughout the day, 552,028 shares of Brookfield Asset Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.52-$32.16 after having opened the day at $31.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.79. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Lazard (LAZ), up 5%, Dorchester Minerals L.P (DMLP), up 3.2%, United States 12 Month Natural Gas Fund (UNL), up 3%, and Millennium India Acquisition Corporation (SMCG), up 2.7%. Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company. Through its subsidiaries the firm invests in the property, power, and infrastructure sectors. Brookfield Asset Management has a market cap of $19.67 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Brookfield Asset Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brookfield Asset Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Brookfield Asset Management Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BAM
Brookfield Asset Management Cumulative Exchangeable Redeemable Class A Preference Shares, Series 8 Ex-Dividend Reminder
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV