Ballard Revises 2012 Guidance
VANCOUVER, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLD), a world leader in delivery of clean energy fuel cell solutions across a range of applications, announced that it is revising guidance for 2012 revenue and Adjusted EBITDA.
The Company indicated in its February 22 press release that full-year guidance for 2012 was:
- Revenue of approximately $100 million; and
- Adjusted EBITDA of approximately breakeven.
At that time, the Company also indicated that the primary risk factor that could cause a variance to guidance related to "delays in terms of closing and shipping expected sales orders, primarily in our Brazilian and European bus markets".
In the Brazilian bus market, contract negotiations related to the LOI with the City of Sao Paolo signed in December 2011 have been more complex and are taking longer than originally anticipated. Ballard expects to gain greater certainty into this situation in the coming months and remains positive as to the outlook for sales of fuel cell bus modules in Brazil. However, given the delays and the reduced time remaining for shipments 'in year', the Company believes that it is prudent now to revise its guidance for 2012.Assuming there are no bus module shipments to Brazil until 2013, the impact on the Company's full-year revenue outlook for 2012 would be approximately $15 million. Given uncertainty as to the timing of revenue and the potential impact on revenue and the associated impact on Adjusted EBITDA in year, the Company has revised its guidance for 2012 to:
- Revenue of approximately $85 million; and
- Adjusted EBITDA of approximately ($5) million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV