Dow Today: United Technologies (UTX) Leads The Day Higher, Chevron (CVX) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) closed down 26.0 points (-0.2%) at 12,741. During the day, 560.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 711.2 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio closed at 1,775 issues advancing vs. 1,233 declining with 113 unchanged. The Dow component that led the way higher today was United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), which sported a 51-cent gain (+0.7%) bringing the stock to $75. Volume for United Technologies ended the day at 3.2 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 3.8 million shares. United Technologies has a market cap of $67.57 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector and conglomerates industry. Shares are up 1.4% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.6%. United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.9, equal to the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates United Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full United Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV